Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tumbling, Tantrums, and Tomfoolery

Random happenings... Bean went to his first Tumbling class today. Think it's girlie all you want. That poor boy has very little open to him for activities... I had wanted to start him in Karate when he turned four, but weeks before he did, the sign outside the karate place upped the age to 5... Did they hear something?

Anyway, my Bean had fun. He wasn't able to explain to me all he did today. He just couldn't find the words. He's getting very frustrated with himself lately, at not being able to express himself properly. Poor guy stutters worse than Snuggle ever did, and she went through TWO stuttering stages growing up. I am really hoping he's able to get into the pre-Kindergarten program at the Elementary School. The woman who teaches it also deals with speech problems, and I'm hoping she can give me some pointers.

Tantrums... this time I'm talking about the baby. Last night, Bacon, as usual, got first bath. It was Snuggle's turn for second bath (I switch it out with the older two), so while she soaped up, I got Bacon ready for bed. When he was dressed and ready, he took off for their bathroom. The pictures show what happened.

Now, I'm sorry, but I'm one of those people who think that it's cute when they first start throwing temper tantrums. I mean, granted, give me a few more, and they won't be nearly as novel as this first one, but still... Just look at that face! Don't you just want to squeeze him? And that poor little lip! All he wanted was ONE MORE BATH!

Okay, and one more thing. Sabre asked for bangs tonight. I was happy to oblige, thinking it would keep more hair out of her face... now I know why my mom always cut bangs on our hair. But she looks soooooo cute!

See? Isn't that stinkin' adorable? I keep saying I'm just not gonna' recognize her when that tooth in front finally grows in. It's been missing over half her life. I don't remember what she looked like before. Sabre IS Snaggletooth. Well, I probably don't have too much longer. She's already 6 1/2. Most of her friends have lost teeth and have long since grown new ones in. I better stock up on quarters. Or notes telling her to eat her veggies, written by the neighbor... Right, Mom?

1 comment: