Friday, February 26, 2010

Random Ramblings of a Cookie Craving

I have had another brainstorm. Prior to this moment, I have been at a loss as to when to do work on the computer that requires typing... I usually only get on the computer when I'm feeding Trace, and then I have to work one-handed, making typing difficult. If he's drowsy or too distracted (which is pretty much 95% of the time), typing--even one-handed--upsets him, so I'm usually limited to reading blogs and checking facebook. If there are any bills to pay, or research to be done, or (rarely, yes, I know) blogs to be written, they have to be done when I am childless and possessing two arms. That also rarely happens, and when it does, I feel guilty about being on the computer when there are clothes to fold and children to play with ....

I wonder, if I had the entire Internet community as an audience, how many thousands of mommies have already thought of this and would chuckle at my naivete (no, I don't know how to call up the menu of 'weird letters' to correctly write that French word--feel free to enlighten me, and I'll show you how to rebuild your motherboard). But here goes: I put the highchair in the schoolroom. I put Bacon in the highchair. And then.... (drumroll please) I FEED BACON WHILE I TYPE. (Right now he likes to gnaw on crackers between bites. I need to find some healthier crackers. Suggestions?)

Yes, yes, hold your applause. I have three kids. I don't always have these moments of clarity. Did I mention we just started classes to prepare us for foster care? My philosophy is if your life is crazy, make it crazier! Truthfully, foster care and adoption are two issues that have always been close to my heart. We want to eventually adopt a little girl to even out the score at Team Hollinghead, and when our kids are grown and we have more rooms (and carseats) to spare, I wouldn't mind being the next Charles and Noreta Willis! Those two are the best examples of James 1:27 that I can think of!

Now, if only that Girl Scouts lady would get back to me! I've been emailing her back and forth for almost a year now! I'm trying to start a younger troop in Opp for Sabre's age group. Anyone interested? And speaking of Girl Scouts... I NEED COOKIES!!! Where are the little girls who are supposed to be begging me to buy some? This is the second year in a row I have yet to see some cookie order forms, or girls standing outside of Wal-Mart.

People, that is your mission. Girl Scout Cookie Watch 2010. Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment