Tuesday, February 9, 2010

WOW.... 5 months already?

Well, I'm so sorry! Or, at least, I would be if I thought anybody had read this yet. What happened to make me stop blogging? Well, life, basically, but that's no excuse. Anyway, everyone I know is blogging SOMETHING now, so I guess it's time to jump on the bandwagon. Plus, I just watched Julie & Julia and I got the bug!

Since the last time I wrote, we've been to several different hotels that I haven't written about, and in a nutshell? The best restaurant servers are at the Houston Crowne Plaza on I-10, the best restaurant food is at Good Eats Grill at the Holiday Inn Intercontinental Airport Houston, the most comfortable beds are at the Courtyard by Marriot in Covington (Lousiana), the best rooms and best TVs can be found at the Hyatt in Dallas, the best pools (can you say waterpark?) are at the La Torretta Resort and Spa in Montgomery (Texas), and the best view and overall value award goes to Comfort Suites in Vidalia, Mississippi. However, our favorite place to go is "Curtis's house," a selection of the purtiest little cabins in Gatlinburg, Tennessee that you will ever see. We like to dream of owning one. Curt is pretty sure he does, and that he built it with a hammer, like Handy Manny. That boy... There you go. If you're travelling through any of those places, tell 'em Leigh sent ya! (Not really, they don't know me. They'll just look at you funny.)

What else happened? Oh, just a little scare called, "Surprise! Your husband's being deployed to Iraq!" and then, "No, just kidding!" Lee actually took the steps to request an exemption which was approved, and is now Honorably Discharged from the US Army. We are quite pleased, if you're wondering. Read: We threw a party within minutes of hearing. Did you come?

I'd also love to post some pictures of Sabre's schoolwork, so you all can see what we're working on these days--however, my scanner is sooooo much smarter than I am, so that's a work in progress... We're taking it easy, because I don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves. Next year, I'm going to get a curriculum that combines first and second grades because we were doing kindergarten AND first grade Math, English, and Reading this year. What she really could use work on is handwriting, but, hey, she comes by that rightly...

2 comments:

  1. Who does she get lousy handwriting from? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant me, but as a teacher, I'd say yours isn't necessarily beyond reproach...

    ReplyDelete